Thursday, May 23, 2013

What A World, What A World...

I'm melting.

There is Just. So. MUCH going on in the world right now. Daily existence is a frenzied, fever-crazed pinball game. "Worst Ever" catastrophes leap into our paths on a daily basis -- natural disasters, terror from home and abroad, economic hardships, frustration with a Washington gone mad...  We crash into obstacle after crushing obstacle again and again.

What bubbles to the top of this current universal Miasma of Misery? For me?

The increasingly fragile health of my mother who is 87.

The recent MS diagnosis of my best friend.

My perfect daughter suffering from a mysterious illness or disease or syndrome or something scary.

My world is now about the size of us, huddled together for strength.

1 comment:

Lucy Naylor Kubash said...

Life throws us some scary curveballs, doesn't it? Dealing with all of it is overwhelming sometimes, especially of late. I guess that's when the strength of friendship becomes even more important. Hang in there, Patt.