Saturday, February 11, 2006

What Makes Us So Angry (continued)

Who would have believed just a few short years ago that your best friend would now be your tweezers? Or that you're constantly learning new ways that Kleenex is indispensable? Instead of bumping into you at your old haunt the fashion mall, you're more likely to be seen at Walgreen's -- where you make at least 200 trips a week.

And worst of all, where more playful things used to be discreetly tucked in the bedside drawer, How About Those Earplugs?

But now they're on your husband's side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just getting into the zen acceptance of being 52, you know, celebrating the Age of the Wise Crone, thinking What DO I Care if I'm no longer young and hot
now that I know what the whole marriage and children is, cuz would I really WANT another man if my husband weren't here, and speaking of husbands, how is it it never occurred to me that it was possible for a man to pass from prolonged adolescence into shuffling, mumbling,grumpy Old Manhood
without spending some time in between just being, you know, an adult? okay, gotta go check my whiskers and drink that fiber crap so I can take a shit. someday.